From NavCanada: an all expenses paid summer camp! More details on their website, including application links, information video, and FAQ.
Are you a girl who has what it takes to leave ordinary behind? If you do, then NAV CANADA’s Explore Aviation Summer Camp is made for you!
This summer, 20 girls entering Grade 10 high school from across Canada will gather in Cornwall, Ontario. Their mission: one week of learning, fun and friendship with a focus on aviation. This all-expenses-paid camp uses hands-on learning to give you the chance to explore exciting careers that will empower you to soar to success after graduation!
|Who can apply: ||Girls going into Grade 10 in September 2018|
|Where:||NAV CENTRE, Cornwall, ON, with day trips to Montreal and Ottawa|
|When:||July 15-20, 2018|
|Cost:||No cost to you! It’s paid for by a NAV CANADA bursary, which includes flight, room and board for the week|
|Why:||To inspire you to explore a career in aviation|
INSPIRING YOU TO SOAR TO YOUR FULL POTENTIAL
Run by NAV CANADA, Explore Aviation Summer Camp points the spotlight on careers in aviation, where STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) education is the key to success for tomorrow’s workforce.
You’ll have unique and exciting opportunities, such as…
- Practice air traffic control and flight service sessions in real world training simulators
- Fly drones
- Interact with industry-leading guest speakers
- Take day trips to Ottawa and Montreal, including tours of the NAV CANADA air traffic control towers and centres, and city tour
HOW TO APPLY
Participants will be chosen from across Canada by a NAV CANADA committee made up of aviation professionals.
Applications close March 9, 2018. If you have been selected, we’ll email you during the week of April 8, 2018 to confirm your spot.
Please note, your application must include:
- A completed application form
- An essay explaining why you want to attend Explore Aviation Summer Camp (350 to 500 words)
- A letter of recommendation from a teacher or community leader
More info available on the NavCanada website for this camp. Questions should be directed to them. Good luck to all 604 cadet who apply!