The time has come to meet in person after a long wait! Tomorrow evening will be our returning cadet evening. As the pandemic is still present, we still have some rules to follow to ensure the safety of all of the cadets and staff. The following instructions below are to be followed:- Cadets are to arrive at the indicated time, parents DO NOT LEAVE. When cadets have completed their processing by Administration and Supply, there are no further activities tomorrow night;
– Parents are NOT permitted inside Mewata Armoury at this time;
– Cadets, please try on your uniform BEFORE YOU SHOW UP. If it does not fit, please place the non-fitting uniform parts in a bag, you’ll return those uniform parts tomorrow night to Supply. If you’re returning shirts, tunics and pants, please wash them before returning;
– Masks are mandatory in the Armoury and all indoor activities at all times;
– Physical distancing must be maintained as much as possible;
– All personnel entering the Armoury must undergo screening for COVID-19 and sign the trace log;
– Please bring a small pocket sanitizer to sanitize your hands often;
– If you’re not feeling well, have been tested for COVID-19 and not received the results yet and/or you believe that you were exposed to anyone with a confirmed case of COVID-19, please stay at home and email firstname.lastname@example.org;
– Bring, returning cadet paperwork, signed (cadet+parent) Code of Conduct, completed DHQ in an envelope with your name on it (if applicable) and a pen;Arrival Order (By LAST Name):
A-B – 1800-1830hrs
C-E – 1830-1900hrs
F-J – 1900-1930hrs
K-M – 1930-2000hrs
N-R – 2000-2030hrs
S-Z – 2030-2100hrs
We will communicate plans for the rest of September as soon as possible. We are going to conduct in-person activities / training as much as possible following a CRAWL-WALK-RUN philosophy provided to us by our Headquarters.
I’m sad to report that the music program is on hold for in-person activities at this time, any music training will be conducted virtually for now.
Plans are being worked on for a virtual ground school (in preparation for the Glider and Power Pilot Qualification Exam), stay tuned to TeamApp as there will be a virtual sign up sheet published.
We do not have any direction on Biathlon and Marksmanship at this time, as soon as we know if those RDA activities are intended to proceed, we will advise you all.
To ensure the safety of our staff, we will be sending you home with measuring instructions and a measuring sheet so your parents can measure you and send us your measurements. Starting on the 14th we can begin to issue uniforms to those who are in need, as well as the new FTU’s.
We will be sending a form home for the parents with some instructions regarding the changes to parent meetings.